1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

***Boss V-Box Help Needed***

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Striper1263, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Guys and Girls, I need help quick. I am looking for a drag chain for my Boss 8' V-Box spreader.
    I have looked all around my area and no one carries "Boss" Spreader parts. They tell me that it was made by someone else and Boss put their decals on them. I don't care where, who or what made them, someone has to have a drag chain that would fit.
    The measurement from center of pin to pin in one link is about 1 3/4 inches. The chain itself is 14" wide. The Serial Number on the spreader is 881741 if that helps.
    I need help locating one soon as I don't want to wait till the last minute when the snow starts flying!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I did find a drag chain on ebay (item # 260303364103) but the measurement from pin to pin is not the same and I don't think it will fit my sprocket...or will it??

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i believe swenson made them for boss, or at least all the parts looked the same check out a chain for one of those and see how close they are in size, good luck.

3. I thought Monroe and Boss are the same if they are I have a chain with one season on it. I will check your measurments and get back with you or PM your phone #

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i thought that kinda waiting till now is the last minute lol im looking for one myself right now and cant seem to find anything

5. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

6. 122fox

122fox Member

monroe and boss are same parts rebuilt one last yr call local boss dealer or try Centralpartswarehouse.com

7. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Thanks eveyone!
    Sharper Image...I will wait a day or so to hear from you if you have one you'll sell. If not, then I did locate on through Central Parts Warehouse. And they are cheaper than J-Thomas.
    Again, Thanks Guys!!