1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss v blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plow tech, Jan 13, 2009.

1. plow tech

plow tech Member

I have a boss v blade with smart locks when stacking snow the wings come back,i thought with smart locks they didnt do that?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

They will hold to a certain point, and then release to keep things from breaking. Mine do it as well. How easily are they folding back? Mine take a good amount of pressure. And actually, the Smartlocks are to keep the wings from folding forward into the scoop position when backdragging, not to keep the wings from folding back.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The purpose of smart locks is to prevent the wings from folding forward when backdragging.

Your wings are collapsing while stacking because of the pressure being applied to them by the piles you're making. A little bit is considered normal but if they collapse under very little pressure then it's a problem with the pressure relief valve.

4. plow tech

plow tech Member

thanks guys though it was the other way around,i think they fold back to easy we have one other boss v and they didnt inless i slamed the pile,and are other v is a western and it didnt eaither.

5. plow tech

plow tech Member

now the pressure relief is on the back with the alen set screw right?

6. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

ya you can turn the valve up to stop the wings from folding back. My dealer told me that but you are more prone to break stuff with the valve turned up.