1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Blade

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by showslawn, Mar 1, 2008.

1. showslawn

showslawn Junior Member

I am new to this whole plowing snow first year we have started doing snow removal. I would like to add that i got initiated quite well this season as well. I am looking at getting a truck, still trying to find the right truck though. I know the Boss V-Blade only allows certain types of trucks that it will bolt on to. If I am reading that right on there website. I would like to know if anyone is using a Dodge with the V-Blade? Or what truck would suit the blade the best? Thanks alot, hope its not confusing.

2. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

welcome to plowsite showslawn!
    I have a 04 dodge 1 ton quad cab short box s.r.w. with a 9' 2" boss v xt. and it handles it just fine. I carry 700 pounds of sandbags in the back for ballest. hope this helps.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome shows. You may want to ask this question in the Boss forum. Just about any 3/4 ton will handle the Boss V just fine.

4. showslawn

showslawn Junior Member

Thanks for the replys, Well i have a 97 3/4 Dodge but its a Diesel, I just thought that you were able to put one on them but since the front ends are almost maxed out. Also i typed it in on the boss website and it says Dodge does not recommend putting snow plows on this vehicle. But yeah i will check, Thanks again for welcoming me in. Doing Snow removal is just amazing I think because its just you and the plow.

5. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I have a 01 dodge 3/4 quad cab short box diesel with a 8 boss vee, truck handles it fime....and I love the plow

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

they say alot of vehicles cant have plows but its done anyway....just ask somone here and youll find out if it works for them

7. showslawn

showslawn Junior Member

Thanks for all the comments and also for the comment about the V Plow, It just looks like the best plow that you could buy for money. Its like your geting 3 plows in 1 the way i look at it. But I will check with the Boss people here and I appreciate all your comments for helping me out in this situation. Thank You

8. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

check out the Western Vee also so. Many design upgrades.

Before you mount the plow check your vehicle weight rating and warranty if one exists.

9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if your going to get a V plow you should look at other stuff besides boss. granted they are nice and all. but there are other companies that have better designed V plows.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We finally get a newbie that doesn't ask what kind of plow to buy, starting a flame war in the process and you go and tell him something like that. :D

11. payton

payton Senior Member

03 dodge 3500 quad cab dually longbed 9'2"v xt.. boss's website says no no but the local boss dealer never asked any questions i told them what i wanted and they told me the price. easy as that.

payton

12. showslawn

showslawn Junior Member

Alright I will check other plows out to see what one I prefer to use. I didn't know others made V- plows. I was using the advertisements on this page and I saw a V- plow and it was a boss so thats the main reason why I picked the Boss. Thanks I'll be checking around.

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine has a 96 3/4ton cummins rc/lb and he has a western unimount 9ft hd plow on it. Been on there for as long as I can remember and never heard him say the plow caused something to break. I'm sure it helps wear stuff out faster due to the exta weight hanging 3ft infront of the bumper.

14. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I don't know why anyone would buy another v besides a boss. A buddy of mine has a mvp and he spends most of the night pissin around with that mode button....seems like a pita to me. I have the joystick on my boss and that seems to be easy and user friendly jmo

15. showslawn

showslawn Junior Member

Yeah I was curious how the joy stick works, I thought the buttons would be easy enough as well. What is the benefit of having the joy stick? I looked at the Meyer V-plow and i thought the controls were to little of buttons to control. I looked at the Fisher V Plow, extreme V. Whats the talk around the Fisher V plow.

The weight yes I agree that it will wear faster with any truck. I am still looking around for a different truck since we use the 97 Dodge for our lawn care business. I just would have a truck for certain jobs and take it off of our Dodge. The Dodge has 297,000 on it and just got in a wreck this past fall and got it back. The frame was bent on it a little bit but it got straightened. I just am picturing that if it got bent it will be easier the next time to get bent. What do you think about that? Just curious what you guys think. Thanks again and I think this is a very helpful thread.

16. danthesnowman

danthesnowman Junior Member

I also have a Dodge 3/4 ton with a boss 8'2" plow and it works just fine.I've had nothing but good luck with the boss plow. I used to run a hiniker plow but that does not even compare to the boss in my opinion.