1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v blade wings not moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chevy_94, Dec 20, 2011.

1. chevy_94

chevy_94 Junior Member

i have a 1994 Chevy 3500 with a boss v blade. i just bought this blade and truck. the first time i hooked it up, the up and down and drivers wing worked fine but the passenger wing would not extend. after i drove it home and was checking the wires and hoses the drivers side stopped working. when i hit the controller the motor is working and the plow still goes up and down.
    Any ideas

2. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I dont have a boss.
    so I can';t give you technical bits. You went through the hoses and wires and the other wing stopped. Did you go step by step and check? something you did caused the other wing to stop, if you can figure out what you did that caused that, I would start there and work backwards for the other wing. full resevoir? no air in the lines,
    Does the motor start when you use the controller for the wings? if not then Id take a look at the controller connections. if it does, then the problem is plowside
  3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Check the solenoid Wire. make sure its not loose. Make sure fluid it toped off.
    If still no help Post this question in the boss discussion thread where more Boss users might be able to help you!