1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Blade Lifted Front End

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sawtooth, Dec 8, 2012.

1. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

I have a 8'2" V Blade on my '99 F350 Super Duty. I just added a leaf to my front end to lift it a bit and assist with the weight of the plow. I think it lifted it 2 inches. I lowered the push beam to the lowest set of holes on the frame. It now measures about 16" to the center of the lock-up hole and I need to lift up the plow frame a little so the push beam arms can easily slide in to the plow frame. I only have 600 pounds of ballast in the very back of the bed and am noticing that the center of the V is a little lower than outside of the wings. I was thinking of making a couple of extensions for the push beam so I can lower it down another inch or two. Is there a tried and true design for this? Thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the pushbeam down to the lowest set of holes that place the pushbeam plates flush with the bottom of the side support brackets, you can go one more hole lower. This will put the pushbeam below the side plates (which doesn't immediately appear "normal") but it isn't a problem, it's still secure enough. That should get you where you need to be.
  3. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

I will give it a try. Thank you.....
  4. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I had the same problem I lifted my truck over the summer and had to lower my pushbeam. What the dealer told me is as long as theres 4 bolts on each side in there, its fine. Mine is 1 set of holes hanging below the side plates currently. Also even if you can get it down to like 15.5" you should be fine.
  5. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

I appreciate your input. I was a little concerned and was thinking that if I had to take all those bolts off again that....I wanted to be on the safe side.