1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v blade down presser

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by road, Feb 16, 2009.

1. road

road Junior Member
    from nl

I have 8'2 boss v blade, I am looking to put down presser on it . need some diagrams or pictures . the blade is 3 years old with smarthitch 2 .

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

what is a down presser ???:jester:

And reading the title to this tread just brought back a load of bad memories..my head is already starting to hurt..

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yep I remember that thread.

Do a search in the boss thread and you'll find exactlly what your looking for.

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Might help to spell pressure right in your search

5. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Not the downpressure thread again. Im shutting my computer off and going home.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I remember that thread, lmao.

Snoway is the only plow with down pressure Otherwise you are SOL

7. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

What do you need down pressure for? Boss back drags fine, been using boss for 10 yrs.
    Down pressure is great if you want to destroy your plow or truck.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

So what your saying is that i over thought the problem again!!!!

Then i wont mention the fact that you would also need to change the valve body also so that you can run the dual action cylinders.

All your going to get by jumping some wires and adding diodes to the controller is the equivelant of DD's Scrape Lock function that they use on the personal plows. Just going to close the valve for the drop function but wont be able to put pressure to it.

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Not try to be a smart a$$ just trying to figure it out? In my opinion Crash and Cre are some of the most knowledgeable posters on here and if they are unaware of a way then I'd really like to hear how to do this.

10. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Alright, I'm probably going to get hell for this, especially since I have limited knowledge of hydraulics, but for fun would it be possible to run some wire from the switch used to hydraulicly connect the plow to the truck which applies down pressure to mount the plow into the cab on a remote switch. Obviously that wouldn't work on it's own since the motor would have to run in order to maintain the pressure, but would it not be as simple as to put an inline electronic shut off valve to maintain the down pressure? Alright let's here boys.....................:D

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Man, they sure have the wool pulled over your eyes. :jester:

12. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow - What happened to this thread? Did things get out of hand? Last time I posted here things were pretty civil. I would still like to hear how Boonman gave his plows DP so if anyone caught the explanation could you please post it.

14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Might as well delete the whole thread

Half the posts dont make sense anymore since the other half disappeared

15. boonman

boonman Junior Member

Wow. I guess I posted something wrong....... Oh well. I guess if anyone really wants to know, maybe email me.... Or something to that effect.....

16. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I am sure you are welcome to post how to do it

Several of us are quite interested so feel free:drinkup:

17. Crash935

I sure would like to know.

I do know that with a few wires and maybe a diode you can lock the down valve but that wont give you true down pressure, just the equivelent of DD's version of Smart Lock whick locks the blade in the down position.

To get "true" down pressure you would have to add a 2 way cylinder, another valve, another hose and a switch on the controller with those few wires.

So yes boonman, post what you have!

18. boonman

boonman Junior Member

I guess Iam not welcome to post it. I didn't even get into specifics and it all got deleted. I spent last night looking things over again, and I believe I have simplified it even more. There now looks like there will only be one wire to hook up in the truck with an arming switch, and then a box to install in the tower with a few wires to hook up.

And there is no need to add any cylinders or valves, provided you have a smarthitch 2 plow. It's already there. In order to have downpressure, the pump must run the entire time you are back dragging. I have experimented with a pulser, which pulses the setup intermittently, to give the pump a rest. But this seems to make it a little less effective. And the pump has a built in pressure relief, so it can't really be harmed. Although, accelerated wear on the motor brushes will result. But hey, it's worth it. I am gonna experiment with my newest theories, and it will make it even easier. :bluebounc But we'll have to set up a time to post it, before it gets deleted. So that everyone can at least save a copy of it.....

19. Crash935

Boonman, I know why your posts were deleted and its not because your not welcome here. Lets just say it would be best for you if you took any requests for info on what your working on and not run them through the forumn. I will admit that i was kind of baiting you (sorry), this topic has been beat up in the past and its best that it not be run through the mill again for several reasons.

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I agree crash, We all remember those convo that in this forum