1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V 9'2" Too big for Chevy 2500 classic?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by westwinds, Oct 20, 2011.

1. westwinds

westwinds Junior Member

I just purchased a used Boss V 9'2". I wasn't sure if it was too big for my truck but the guy needed cash and sold it cheap! I had been shopping for a V blade for a while and could'nt pass it up. I have a 99 Chevy C2500 extended cab with a 7.4l currently with a boss super duty 7'6". I run a back blade as well. Im just wondering if its too much or if I do some mods if it will handle it. The torsion bars are already cranked on the truck and I have not tried to mount the new plow. Any suggestions? Thanks!

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

C2500?? That's 2 wheel drive. K2500 is 4 wheel drive. Best way to upgrade front suspension is to swap out for XG code torsion bars (thick and heavy) that can handle the weight of that 9.2' V-Plow. Without plow, the ride might be somewhat stiff depends on the weight of the truck. To learn more about torsion bars, go to website "GM Torsion Bar 401" http://www.gmfullsize.com/tech/torsion401.html there's plenty of information on all kinds of torsion bars and parts number included for left and right side.
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LOL @ Irishman

I wouldn't sweat it. Although if you want an 8'2 instead, and yours is nice.........my buddie will probably trade his 8'2 poly if you come down here.

So I hear your Chevelle has a UTV boss Vee and a EX tail gate spreader on it???:laughing::dizzy:
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LMFAO, negative......but I will put that ***** on my Tahoe (the 9'2)!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha
  7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Any V-plow overall is going to be heavier than what you're currently running. The truck should handle the plow just fine. I looked at a plow earlier this season for my '99 K2500 (7.4 also!) and it was a Boss 9'2" Poly V and he had it on a '99 K2500 and the truck seemed to carry it just fine. If you think it sags too much, you can always add Timbrens to the front.

LMFAO, negative......but I will put that ***** on my Tahoe (the 9'2)!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Trader i thought you were puttin on SNOWDOGG 9.5 Vee with Wings 12in wide and only 1850 on a Tahoe:laughing::laughing:
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 1998 with a 9'2" Boss. It has been on there from day 1. It is most likely over weight but it pushes a lot of snow. I wouldn't worry about it.
  10. LushLawns

LushLawns Junior Member

I recently ordered two 9'2" Boss V Plows one for my 89 Extended Cab 454 3500 4x4 and one for my 04 extended cab 6.0 2500HD 4x4. When I gettem mounted I'll see if I am smart enough to post pics.:mechanic:
  11. LushLawns

LushLawns Junior Member

Update... dealer and I had a major comunication problem it aint happening now.
  12. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

I've run a 9'2" on a 93" K2500, with the heavy 6.5 diesel in it and I also run the same plow on my Dodge 3/4 gasser and they handle the plow very well.
  13. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

my kodiak c4500 pickup has trouble pushing with that plow sometimes.... Think about that every time im at the dealer looking at the boss 10 footer V!