1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v 9.2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Thinking about buying a boss v plow 9.2 would it be too big for my Ford F250 super duty?

2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

3. bigboss1977

from Utah

Thanks....I checked it out and they had any where from 7'6 blades to 8'2. Power V and the newer v XT. The one I was looking at is just a power v, used but just like new, but it is a 9'2.....guess I'll keep looking :-( thanks for the help.

4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

good luck Thumbs Up

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Buy it! It will be fine!

6. bigboss1977

from Utah

Really, you think it will be ok. I just didn't want to over load the truck. When I was looking at the weight of 8'2 V-XT there was only about 50lbs or so difference with a power v 9'2. Now my next question I found I a power v-XT 8'2 same price as the regular power v 9'2. Which one would you get? I've heard pretty good things with the power v XT but to have a 9'2 blade would be AWESOME!!!

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

I'm putting a 9'2 on the truck in my Sig after winter, go for it

8. kurtandshan

Well, now you have a dilemna...what are you plowing? lots, drives, roads? I have an 8'2 Vxt and love it on an 07 F250 but I could see the benefit of an extra foot on camp roads I do. So, like I said, you have a dilemna

9. bigboss1977

from Utah

Mostly parking lots, but they are good size parking lots, large hotels. Then some roads for an HOA retirement communty. Great don't know what to do now.....lol

10. kurtandshan

I may lean towards the 9'2....although the Vxt really flings the snow!

11. bigboss1977

from Utah

Kind of what I was thinking id do, plus its located in my home town where the vxt is 150 miles away. It's in awesome condition, looks just like brand new, not even a scratch on it....and for the price I couldn't go wrong, especially since my truck is already set up and wired for it. Now if it would only SNOW....so I could try it out.

12. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

just hope you dont have to go through bank drivethrough's if im not mistaken, you wont fit! also i always make sure i can plow my own driveway, if so the plow will work for me!

13. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have an 8'2" poly VXT that is 2 years old but only used last year with smart locks, a brand new snow deflector, back drag blades and the oil was just changed on it for 4500 obo might be to far for you but just thought I would mention it reason I am selling it it I got a 9'2" poly VXT and only need 1

14. bigboss1977

from Utah

Turns out the power V 9'2 is the older style truck mount think they call it the RT2. Don't know if I feel like changing out the mount to the older style.....guess maybe I'll shot for 8'2 VXT.

Chitown sparky - where are you located at?

15. bigboss1977

from Utah

And someone must have been listening upstairs (there really is a god) cause damn the snow is coming down now..... :D

16. kurtandshan

I do believe Chitown Sparky is WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER of the Boss giveaway!:salute:

17. chitown sparky

rockford il 40 min west of chicago

18. chitown sparky

you would be correct. Last night was the first time I used it and it was awsome

19. ACFarmer

ACFarmer Junior Member

9.2 on my 02 F-250. Has the X springs in the front and it does fine.