1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V 8'2" Center Lower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sawtooth, Dec 7, 2014.

1. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

My cutting edges were worn toward the center...I replaced them and now the wings are off the ground. The bottom of the center shoe is just a little lower than the cutting edges; the shoe isn't holding things up. My truck is pretty level, I only have about 600-800 pounds in the bed--at the back. A while back I had lifted the front to compensate for sagging and at that time I lowered the plow frame to a one hole below the lowest setting. I haven't been out with the new edges but it would more than likely dig in. Do I need to move the bumper stop (page nine of manual #8??) Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Plow mount needs moved down more. When in the v position the plow should be about level when you put in in scoop position don't worrie of the wing tips are off the ground the weight of the snow will push the front of the truck up and level it out.

3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Move the stop as per the manual.

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Make sure mount is at correct height. 15 1/2" at the center of the pin holes IIRC, and then adjust the bumper stop.

5. plowguru

plowguru Junior Member