1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS UTV-V on 2014 Wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by bossplow, Dec 27, 2014.

1. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

A 2014 Jeep Wrangler with a BOSS UTV-V

image.jpg

2. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

Another view

image.jpg

3. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

Modified undercarriage

image.jpg

4. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

Undercarriage

image.jpg

5. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

What parts/part numbers were used and how did they have to be modified to fit?

6. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

We used a Smartlight 1 to Smartlight 2 upgrade kit for the lights, as it comes with the plow side harness, light bar, lights, and necessary hardware. We had to make small brackets to mount the light bar to the UTV coupler tower. We used a regular Sport Duty vehicle side control kit and headlight adapters. In this case we used a joystick control kit. For the under-carriage, we started with a Sport Duty mount, and changed the pushbeam "hooks" to the UTV style, instead of the Sport Duty style.

7. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Cost for the install and custom modification?

8. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Junior Member
    from Chicago

I would love to replace my 04 cummins truck with a jeep with a v-plow as I only plow my personal lots. 2 are fairly big though and Im worried how much longer the smaller blade and truck would take on the big lots. Perfect for my small lots, driveways and sidewalks as the jeep would fit nicely where my truck struggles.

Is it possible to put wings on a UTV-V? Ive searched and cant seem to find any info on wings for the UTV-V blade

9. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

No, I would not recommend wings on the UTV-V on a Jeep. I do not know of a set that is available anyways.

10. EWSplow

EWSplow Senior Member

I'm curious as to how the UTV plow holds up. There's a little risk since Boss won't warrany the plow, at least that's what the Boss dealer told me. I've been thinking about this for a couple years since seeing other posts. I just took my first step in this direction...I bought a Jeep Wrangler.

11. SnowSon

SnowSon Junior Member

Bossplow: I am getting ready to buy a jeep for my wife to plow with next season and I am very interested in how you modified the UTV plow and mount onto the Jeep. Is there a chance that I could get your contact information to discuss? I would even be willing to compensate you for your time.

I already own the UTV plow as I have one on my Kubota RTV1100 that I am getting ready to sell.

Please let me know. Thanks!

12. EWSplow

EWSplow Senior Member

I got a quote from my Boss dealer. He said I would need a Boss Sport Duty coupler for the Jeep, around $550 and a light kit (the UTV light kit is not road legal), around $375 in addition to the UTV plow. Although Boss doesn't recommend mounting a UTV plow on a Jeep, he thought it would hold up just fine if not abused.