1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss undercarage

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by psdiesel24, Nov 16, 2005.

1. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I have the undercarage of 2001 f350 and was woundering if anyone noes if it will work on a 05 f350. One person told me i would have to notch one of the brases. another told me it would work and another told me that i would have to remove my sway bar. I dont no what to do. Please help.

2. sleepless

sleepless Junior Member

boss swopppp

hello: i would call a local dealer and ask the most you would haft to due is buy one or two brackets for the 05 truck because the plows are all the same i have bin in the same spot before i spent 200.00$ and it works fine

3. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

ive called three different dealers and they all said something different.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

on the 05's the sway bar was moved in front of the axle right where one of the brackets mounts. its the bracket that goes at about a 45 degree angle from the undercarriage to the trucks frame. i am not sure if the bracket would still be strong enough if you cut it to fit. i would leave your sway bar too. you best bet will probably be to buy the new undercarriage.

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You need to find a friend with some fab skills!!! We recently changed a '98 Dodge Ram mount into a '78 Chevy mount. Anything is possible if you have a welder and torches, or a chop saw etc. Heck, you can use a hacksaw but one of your arms will probably become larger than the other quickly.... ;)

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It all depepnds on what year the mount was made, the newer mounts for the SD's were reworked to fit both the old frame and new frame, the biggest thing is the thrust arms, you might have to change the thrust arms to work with the sway bar.

7. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

well i started to work on it today. i will have to get some new braces. if i try to make the old ones work i will have to notch more than half of the steel so i guess i will just buy some new ones