1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Tripping in V

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by nate456789, Feb 23, 2010.

1. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Well it's not a 30 inch storm like other guys were lucky enough to get, but it was enough to play with the new truck and see what it could do.

Girlfriend videoed the truck pushing in V and caught it tripping in V.
    I was impressed that it didn't dig in and stop the truck. Little hard to see in the middle of the night but you can hear it trip several times.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lU5M1OHbK4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lU5M1OHbK4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

is that a gas engine truck?

3. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yep it's a 6.0

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i get really angry when my plow trips....

5. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Same here it sucks but keeps you from going thru the windshield

6. newhere

from Fenton

ive got pictures of a fisher that didnt trip....... any one have a new 10' muni grade plow for sale?

what kind of milage are you getting out of a 6.0? i have a d-max and can go about 15 hours of plowing and a little driving on a half tank.

but im thinking about getting a 6.0 truck next

7. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Best I ever got was 17mpg. Right now in the winter, I am getting 12 mpg no plow on.
    The storm this video was shot, I plowed 19 hours and used a little over a half tank before I topped off.
    I was pretty happy with the fuel consumption while plowing.

8. saintsinner84

saintsinner84 Junior Member

wow the best i ever got with my 09 2500hd 6.0 was 11mpg all highway, normally i get around 9mpg

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

buy a fisher you wont have those issues :p lol jk

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a big mess to me....

why were you plowing in the v position?

11. newhere

from Fenton

yeah thats more what i was thinking. His 17mpg musta been all down hill with the truck at idle. i have been getting around 10-12 with my d-max. :realmad:

12. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

:) We were just getting started that night and it was a mess. I wanted to get some video of the truck plowing. I shot some video of it in V and Angled and scoop.
    I was trying to get something to put on my site but I need to do daytime. Pictures didn't turn out very well either. Could be the camera operator.
    So far I have only used the V a couple times for breaking thru Drifts created by the city guys at the end of some driveways .

13. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I don't get the point of this? Are you concerned that the plow is tripping in V? Did you hit a manhole cover or something? Or maybe your springs are too loose?

14. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I get no better than 9 MPG pulling a trailer. No matter where I am at. Highway or city.

When I got 17 The truck was empty and no trailer and it only had a couple thousand miles on it and the temp outside was mild. Plus it helps that Indiana is flat.
    I am hoping to get the tune done soon and hopefully be able to get closer to 18 or 19 highway.
    But that might be un realistic.
    Normally I avg around 15 mpg.
    The driver plays into the MPG a lot and I'm usually not in any hurry.

15. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

No concerns. The plow did exactly what it was suppose to do. I see people say how it is a bad idea to have a full trip setup on a V blade and they can't trip like that.
    I have never seen one trip.
    Mine did, just happened to catch it on video when we were messing around. Just thought I would share it.

16. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Oh OK cool :drinkup:

17. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

That looks like hell on the driver and truck....... Buy a fisher

18. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Must be an east coast thing. I don't know of anyone that has one in Indiana. :)

19. EXTREMEV

EXTREMEV Junior Member

You aint kidding. Glad i got rid of my XT sure dont miss that rough ride lol

20. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

trip edges would be destroyed here. if its not gonna full trip then you better be wearing a seat belt.