1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Trip Edge plows

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sherwin, Nov 9, 2008.

1. sherwin

sherwin Member

Any one running these. We got a Boss skidloader plow a few years ago with it on and it is fantastic. Since then we have switched to them on the trucks and have been real happy with them. Especially last year with record snow it allowed us to push piles further into open spaces like a dozer. I don't hear much about them and our dealer says we are the only ones who have bought them from him, ever. We will be running some with poly edges this year, and all have wings, so if anyone is interested I can keep them posted on how the setup is working.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

im running one on my truck. we havent gotten much snow to speak of the last few years, but when we do its like cement. really heavy with a lot of sleet mixed in. the best way to describe our past storms is to picture cement like 15 minutes before it hardens up. the trip edge is the only thing thatll go through that stuff. the full-moldboard trip plows just flop over and wont scrape anything up. just because of the crappy storms we've been getting, i would only buy a trip edge plow again.