1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Tow Hitch

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JD Dave, Jan 7, 2012.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Had to tow our dually home this morning while it was out doing site checks so I thought you guys might want to see the tow bar we made up about 10 years ago. Clarke Moore Motors our local Boss dealer gave me a bent plow side mount and we just made it from there. Have only used it a few times but it's very handy.

Boss Hitch.jpg

Boss Hitch 2.jpg

Boss Hitch 3.jpg

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice. Better then a towtruck
    someone still has to drive in the following truck steer and brake right?
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No you just leave the trans and transfer case in neutral and all is good. I did have someone ride in it the first time just to make sure all was good though.
  4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

how do you go about in terms or lights? turn signals etc???

cool setup...
    i would turn the 4 way on the lightbar if nothing else!
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Hitch......?!?! You just wanted to showoff the Denali pulling it.LOL
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We just put the 4 ways on, it's not exactly legal.
    Where do you see Denali written anywhere. ;)
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Typical Chevy,laying down on the job.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why did they dump the 1/2 yard of salt behind the truck?
  9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Thats cool ! Thumbs Up
  10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

haha awesome i need one for my farm!!!!!!!!
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's your eyes playing tricks on you, there is no salt.
  12. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

It's awesome how a tow bar works, and the steering (if it's in good shape), follows the tow vehicle, even around corners. I've used one a few times over the years, biggest issue now is trying to find a vehicle that you can mount one on.

What happened to the dually?
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's looks like an idler on the serpentine went and just jumped the belt. I will fix it on Mon and know for sure.
  14. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Have you guys ever had a thought about something but didnt say it because you didnt it was true or right?
    Well i did! When i saw this i thought to myself "He's gonna end up ruining that Undercarriage!"

Coincidentally i was reading another thread and found this post: JD DAVE what do you think??

15. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

i dont see any issue, the mount was designed to be securely fastened to the frame, and typically these mounts secure to the frame much better than ant premanufactured tow bar system. Most only use 4 5/8 bolts. nothing compared to what these mounts use.

I see the reasoning behind the question, but I think i would trust that setup more than the crap i see connecting vehicle and RVs on the highway.

I dont see any way a vehicle could possibly pull hard enough to damage that mount, that steel is just way too thick. But hey, you cant post one picture on a web forum without somebody chiming in to tell you how wrong you are
  16. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Saw a picture on here in one of the threads with one side of the Boss push bar broke off. The piece on the front of the truck that the large pin goes through.
  17. elecblu

elecblu Member

I thought this is a halluva good idea. One tow bill would make this pay for itself.
  18. Semi-Crazy

Semi-Crazy Member

I've thought of doing that as well, would work great when i need to drop one of my semis off at the shop, just drag the pickup behind me, dont need that wifes shuttle service

I bet for 50 bucks or less in connectors( an rv 7-way plug for the tow vehicle and a plow end of the electrical harness) a guy could make a cord so the lights on the towed vehicle would operate!
  19. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Happened to the white truck in May or June. If you see the skid mark on the pulley from the belt then its pretty clear what's screwed up. Cool little rig