1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Touch Up Paint

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Dec 28, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Went to the dealer to get a couple things and left with $236 less in my wallet!!!!

All I intended to pick up was a Qt of hydro fluid and a set of markers for my wings. Well I also ended up buying a snow flap ($183.81) and a can of touch up paint ($15.44 WTF!!!!!!!!!). The flap I know I'll be happy with and the markers will help out too. The fluid was a must since I was a little low, but a can of spray paint for $15 bucks!!!! This better be some "SPECIAL" paint for the $$$$$.

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Boss marks up everything they sell. for a snow deflector just go to your local farm supply and get an old piece of conveyor belting and make your own for free.

3. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Hope u went to crystal truck equipment and not aspen Equipment... don't give them any business. Sry if I sound harsh, but they wont honor warranties, and they are just mean.

Crystal knows how to take care of people.

4. millsaps118

Dakotasrock-- I'm sure you mean CRYSTEEL in Fridley right? Yep I did go to them, I only buy from 2 dealers, the other would be Plow World. I haven't heard to much about Aspen and never bought anything from them. It's to bad you had a sour experience with 'em.

The guys at Crysteel are pretty good to ya and so is Chris over at Plow World (LwnmwrMan22 can vouch for that with his V-XT). I could of drove to the nearest BOSS dealer in Maple Grove but I'll drive the extra miles for good customer service any day.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you know of anybody that doesn't?...can't sell stuff at cost. :D

6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Just sell everything below cost, you'll make it up in volume.:confused:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Old IH red is the same colour as Boss. $183 for a snow flap is a smoking deal, around here they are over $300.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could grab your wife red lipstick it's the same thing!

9. millsaps118

$300 ouch..:eek: Average prices around here is $205. I bought mine from a local dealer and on there website it's $183.00 so I bought it online and picked it up. On the other hand if I were to go into that same dealer and buy one it would have been $205.

Ha..Ha...I would of tried that but some of her lip stick cost almost as much as the spray paint!!!:dizzy: Not only that it would have left some Fluid Film residue on there and she would have for sure known something was up.:yow!:

10. Plowguy7

Plowguy7 Junior Member

Where did you get the new flap for 180?