1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS | Toro Announcement

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSS_JG, Oct 27, 2014.

1. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Just got a email from Boss saying this..... I hope the Boss culture and customer service isn't lost with the acquisition.
  3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

My thoughts, concerns as well.
    Of course BOSS and Toro will put a positive public spin on it, but only time will tell.
  4. lazyike

lazyike Member

Thats to bad. I hope quality does not give way to gimmicks. I guess I should buy my DXT now so I know for sure that it is BOSS quality.
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

After I heard I logged into plowsite figuring this would be causing pure hell in the Boss forum. I'm not a Boss user but I would say this marks the beginning a a major change.
  6. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Well at least DD did buy them!
  7. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

What a disappointment! Just as when Toro acquired Exmark, the Exmark product line went down hill and the prices went up. I was a loyal Exmark consumer since 2002 but a year after the acquisition I switched to John Deere.

I've been a loyal Boss consumer since 2004 but after this year there is a good chance I'll have to change plow manufactures because there is a good chance the same thing will happen with the Boss product line. Fisher, Blizzard & Western went through it with Douglas Dynamics. Product line goes to sH!t and prices increase.

I'm thoroughly disappointed once again in the companies I believed in for so long to sell-out for the all mighty dollar.
  8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, will the new plows come with a pull cord?
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I've always been a fan of both product lines, so my gut feeling is there will be no adverse affects to Boss products.

First project should be kick @ss skid steer mounted Toro/Boss snowblower. :cool:
  10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

That would be good to see. Maybe a high flow single stage with Kage poly paddles. Thumbs Up
  11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Never hurts to dream
  12. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Somebody tell me of a small, private co. that you liked doing business with, that got better when they were bought out by a large co. I've been disappointed too many times. As far as I'm concerned this is the beginning of the end.
  13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Didn't excite the stock market
  14. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

That is not good news. To bad to see another company get eaten up by the big boys. Changes surely will come and at I bet they wont be good.
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

At least they can use the same paint
  16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Never are.....look at Blizzard.
  17. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Who's gunna change their red to the others red?
  18. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hopefully Toro will let BOSS retain a fair amount of control over their division. At least until I can get my DXT.
  19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1st thing will be thinner mold boards and cutting edges
  20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Stand on sidewalk machines...:)

Put some doors on the spreaders...Thumbs Up