1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss TGS800 vs. Salt Dog TGS07 sand spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bsuds, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I have been looking into sand spreaders. And I am in between the BOSS TGS800 and SALT DOG TGS07. Mostly I will be spreading straight sand. Is the boss worth the extra grand, or will I be just fine with the Salt Dog TGS07. Anyone have experience with these? :drinkup:

2. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Im curious about this too?

3. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

I didn't have much luck with sand in the Salt Dogg, went to a Fisher speedcaster2 and haven't had any problems yet.
    Would suggest either the Fisher or Boss, only thing my boss says with the boss spreader is it sends material in "waves" with the paddle feed so it spreads kinda weird.

4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I ran some stone dust through my tgs07 last year and it worked fine. The only problem that I had with mine is were the auger and the motor connect the pin fell out when the hopper was full but thats the only problem that I had with it