1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS tgs800 v.s. Buyers tgs 07

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by H20-32, Dec 7, 2010.

1. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Anyone using either model, looking for real world feedback. Can they really handle wet salt & sand?
  2. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I have the Boss tgs 1100 and haven't had many problems with it. I use bagged salt and fill the hopper when I go out. I have let it sit in there for a few days between events and it doesn't like to flow through very well without the vibrator. Overall I really like the product. I just make sure it's empty at the end of the day and everything is fine.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Interested in this as well. The TGS07 looks like a great setup with both the Auger/Vibrator for moving heavier materials.
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I hope someone has some experience with this. I too would like some input.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I just installed a 07 today and I think it'll be getting it's maiden voyage tomorrow. I'll write again when I have more info to share.
  6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have had my 08 for two seasons. I built a screen for the top and run bulk ice slicer (kinda like sand/salt) with few issues.

I really want to try the 07 though. Sometimes I get clumps that clog the spreader and the auger would break them up easily.