1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss TGS 600 or Magnum Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BathPlow, Oct 19, 2011.

1. BathPlow

BathPlow Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey all. New to the forum and the business and I sort of jumped in feet first. From Northeast Ohio!

I didn't see a dedicated area to post a discussion and I've searched the web a bit but wanted to know what the preferred salt spreader is of the pros. I'll be doing a couple small commercial lots along with some residential driveways and just want to make sure I have the right equipment for the job.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

For starters I purchase a brand new Dodge Ram 2500 with the snow plow prep package, crew cab. Then I purchased an 8'2" Boss V-Plow with the upgraded lock cylinders for back-dragging along with the flap on the top of the plow to prevent the snow from blowing up on the window.

Next I purchased a salt spreader. I originally purchased the Boss TGS 600 because of the single man operation with the additional wheel dolly but I'm on the fence because I've heard great things about the Magnum Spreaders. I've heard the mangum salt spreaders have a better motor and less potential problems. I can still switch, there's about $18.00 difference between the two of them and while I like the idea of the single man operation of the Boss, if I'm better of getting the Mangum then I'd like to know your thoughts.

Thank you. I look forward to posting in this forum and thanks in advance for the advice on salt spreaders. Peace!