1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss TG Spreaders

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by XplowX, Feb 17, 2009.

1. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

Im looking into buying one of the boss tg spreaders, and i was wondering if any of you guys or gals have them and what the pros and cons are.

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We had a BOSS tailgate spreader for one season about 4 years ago and it ran flawless. I would highly recommend the vibrator kit option as material tends to cake up inside the hopper. We would have kept it but we had more demand for spreading ice slicer and needed a larger v-box type spreader.
    PROS: well built, easy to load, nice controller
    CONS: too small, sticks way out the back of the truck, need to install a new receiver hitch on the back of your truck.

In my opinion, you would be better off with a small spreader for the back of your pickup, like a SaltDogg 3/4 yard poly-electric... Just my $.02

3. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I bought one in January of 2008. It's the big one (800 lb capacity) I love it. I use only bag salt with it and don't have to many problems. the vibrator is probably a good idea, because if you keep salt in there while you drive around it tends to pack in there. I load the salt in when I am at the lot and have no problems. I would recommend it.

4. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

I will be buying one in the spring, hoping to get a good deal. If you mine how much did you pay for yours?? Thanks

5. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

That's the down fall, they are not the cheapest. The TGS 1100 (the bigger one) I got for around $2000 and I also got the smart hitch mounting system, I would recommend if you go with the bigger one, and I believe that was around $1000. Like I said before I love the spreader and don't regret dropping the big $$$$ for it. Good luck with the purchase.