1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Tailgate Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bltp203, Feb 4, 2007.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I don't hear too much about Boss spreaders on this site....Can anyone comment on how well they do or don't do. I was looking into a TGS-600.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

its a killer spreader it has the smarthitch attaching featcher very fast to hook up it has a replacement trailer hitch that it hooks to.you can still tow with it, but its pretty expensive! but it a good quality peice.
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

From what I have heard, they both are awesome pieces of equipment. They will tear through any chunks of salt and spreads very well. Just what I have heard..:salute:
  4. snowplow12345

snowplow12345 Member

We have one, its a well built piece of equipment. We have the vibrator kit with it and run bulk through it all the time. Even wet bulk. Its pretty expensive, about $2500 with vibrator and top screen. Quality electrical connections too. Super easy to take on and off.
    basically just a flip of the switch, like most boss plows. just have it on even ground.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am wondering how they tear through chunks of salt. I thought they were a drop spreader and the web site says DRY salt or deicer. I don't have one and have never seen one but we have spread many many tons of salt. I think the only type of salter that will break up chunks is an auger type of spreader.
  6. snowplow12345

snowplow12345 Member

i would have to agree. we have the optional screen on top so all chunks do not fall in hopper, and the auger near the bottom is more of a post with 2 short chains bolted to the spinner. works great though.
  7. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I have one because my buyer was a pain in the ass to take off recquiring 2 people to remove it. I can now take it off hook up a trailer and move bobcat. It is very sweet it actually powers it self on and off with no physical work to intall and remove. Also motor is concealed instead of facing all of elements. i dont have the vibrator though.
  8. BMPM

BMPM Member

i have one and that thing works great. i can put it on by myself in like 2 min. The only thing is get a vibrator for it. I learned my lesson after the first time out. the auger with chains works great but the damp ice melt stuck to the sides. I wouldn't own anything else for a rear spreader.