1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping, Oct 21, 2004.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

i was wondering if anyone has tried the new tailgate spreader from boss i went to get some parts to my boss plow and seen them sitting there. they looked pretty nice i has and electric lift on it to.

2. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

I was interested in those too but the Boss folks told me that they are really just made for Salt material, not Sand. I need to sand my lot occasionally to stop customers from slipping and sliding :eek: :eek:

3. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

i picked up a brochure on it and i didnt see anything about sand it just said salt, de-icer ect. i like how it hookes up to the truck though you do have to lift it to put it into the reciever its all electric.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think you cna remove it from the truck fully loaded with salt too.

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

The only problem w/ tailgate spreader is the small size. We only use deicer in them as less is more effective. We make more money by subbing out salting to a another larger contractor.