1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS Tailgate Salt Spreader....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TLS, Nov 14, 2004.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have anything bad to say about the new BOSS tailgate spreader?

I NEED a spreader with a 500-600lb capacity.

I NEED a spreader that ONE person (Me) can put on and off by myself.

I NEED a spreader that the motor will last more than one or two seasons.

I got a price of $1600 (Not installed) for a SnowEx 1075 with the swing away mount. Problem is, it still won't be able to be installed by one person. Plus it looks like you have to drill into the bumper and bed rail for the swing away mounts.

That seems like a lot, when I can get the BOSS which has the reciever mount replacement and power lift mounting for $1875

Is there anyone else out there with the new BOSS unit?

Any input or suggestions?

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Hey that Boss sounds like the way to go. I got a Buyers with the swinggate mount. Don't like having to dril in the rails of my truck. Power lift that would be cool. Is this spreader from Boss new, I can't find it on their website and no Boss dealer here. Got any pics.
  3. I ran the fisher speedcaster (receiver mount) for 3 years without a problem. I beleive its capacity was 750lbs, which I loaded everytime. Nice incab control and easy to install. I was able to put on and off by myself all the time. All I had to do was tilt unit back and rest hitch on the reciever opening and pull up and pushed in, sometimes it was a little tricky but always worked. I had picked up the brand new unit for $1189 and installed it myself, at my local knapheide office. :salute:
  4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We have used an ATV jack to hold our tailgate units for a while. You can wheel them around, raise and lower, and best of all no fabricating and not a lot of extraneaous stuff to get torn up or rusted on the spreader.