1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Superduty 8'6 XT Opinions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Petr51488, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Hey, I'm looking for some advice/comments on a Boss Superduty 8'6. Also, what exacly do i get extra with the XT model that i fork out an extra 250.00 for? And does 4k sound right for the plow and instal? Any info will help. It's my first plow, and i'de like to know as much as possible.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

$4000.00 for an 8'6 XT installed is a good deal... :nod: Can't touch one here for less than $4300.00 cash & carry.

The XT's have a 3" taller moldboard with more overhand to throw/roll the snow farther.

Also have 2 trip shocks instead of a single one like the SD's use.

They also use an 8" cutting edge rather than the usual 6".

The lower box reinforcement that runs along the bottom full length of the moldboard is much taller for added strength.

They weight about 70-80 lbs more than an 8.6 SD.

If you can look at an XT and a SD side by side you'll see the differences.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

He told me that XT will cost about 250.00 more. So am i better off going with xt model? Will that extra 80 lbs hurt on the front weight axle being i have the diesel, 4 door and long bed? I was trying to minimize weight, but if its an overall better plow, i'll go for it. Total with the xt will be prob 4250 or 4300

4. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Sounds like a good price to me too. I was quoted $4300 for an 8ft XT installed compared to $4000 for an 8ft Super Duty.

Does the XT ACTUALLY throw snow farther with its design? That would help me out on my driveway. I could really use that benefit this year with all the snow we had. I know in theory they should throw snow better, and they market it that way, but does it really work?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They will all move snow the same, a SD and a XT. But the XT is more of a commercail over the SD! Like B&B said the mold board is taller, and the cutting edge is taller. You'll get more time out of the cutting edge, and you'll be able to roll and throw snow father and at a slower speed than a SD. With the curve of the XT you can go slower and throw snow father, with the SD you have to go faster, to get the same effect.