1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss super duty ???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowcrazy, Nov 7, 2011.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Just curious, I bought a used 2 year old boss super duty plow and was hoping someone could help me. Just curious if there is a way to adjust the fall rate of the plow. It REALLY slams down fast and hard. just wanted to soften the fall rate a bit. Im sure its just an adjustment but didnt get a book with the used plow thank you....... Robin Wash Georgetown Ohio

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the rear of the light tower facing the bumper you'll find a 7/8" jamb nut with the adjustment screw in the center. Break the nut loose with a wrench and turn the screw with a 3/16" hex wrench. Turning the screw clockwise will slow it down. Once you have it how you want it re-tighten the 7/8" jamb nut to hold the adjustment and you're done.

3. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Thank you very much!!!!! So far Im liking how simple things are about this plow. When I went to buy the plow and the guy hooked up the plow with the smart hitch I was impressed to say the least. Definetly easier by far than my snowdogg plow..........