1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss super duty plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by insnow4fun, Feb 21, 2005.

1. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

did boss ever have a conventional mount?

i maybe a lil green around the gills, but i didn't think they did.

please advise....
  2. PreFabber

PreFabber Member
    from SE PA

yes they did, before the rapidtach II. i believe it was sometime before 1990
  3. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

You may be right pre fabber, but I believe you are wrong...

When the boss was first made in Calumet MI, it was there selling point of the fast hookup, clean front end look.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong too...

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

5. szippijr

szippijr Member
    from S.E Pa

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, BOSS had chain lift, full mount plows as late as 1993/4 or so.

I remember guys saying that the "new" Rapid Tach weren't as strong as the "full mount" older ones.

A guy up the street has an older "full mount" BOSS V on a late 80's F-350 dump truck. They were an under hood hydraulic system. Not sure if his is belt or electric motor driven though. Just a single lift cylinder and two chains to lift.
  7. PreFabber

PreFabber Member
    from SE PA

those pics are of the exact setup i'm thinking about. a small nursery around the corner has that conventional mount, that's the only reason i knew about it. i'm glad they've moved all the way up to smarthitch 2.