1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss super duty 7'6"

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 345HEMI, Oct 18, 2005.

1. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

already posted this in the BOSS section of the forum, but i figured it can't hurt to ask here as well. looking to put a super duty 7'6" straight blade on my truck. it weighs 709lbs acording to the catalog. my truck is an '04 ram 1500 QC 4x4 with the 5.7L. is this to much weight for the trucks front end?

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My buddy has the same truck basically only a 99 and it handles it just fine. Ballast never hurts either.

3. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

thanks for the quick reply. the only thing that is concering me, is the new style 1500's have torsion bars in the front instead of the springs. thoughts about adding another 700 lbs to the front end is making me leary.

4. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Go for the Super Duty 7'6 and enjoy. You won't be sorry.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the Boss Steel 7.5 Standard Duty with the Smarthitch2 upgrade. My dealer said that Boss actually doesnt recommend a plow on any new Dodge 1500 but hey every dealer is different i'm sure....:)