1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Straight Plow Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BuckeyeESPN, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I blew a ling to the angle arm on the plow have the replacement part but having problems getting old one off plow. Any idea on what I am doing wrong? I also wanted to say that the wiring for the 06 dodge ram trucks is messed up on mine as well. I too have no turn signals on plow..

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Can you describe your problem a little better?

replacing a hose can be a pain but it is not that hard to do.

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Boss Plow

I blew the hydrolic line for the angle arm. I have a new line but can't get the old line off. I have another back-up plow that I had put on in the mean while I had notice with both plows on the truck that the turn signals don't work on the either plow on that truck. They work fine on my other truck but not on the dodge. But first things first. I can not get the old hydrolic line off the plow to put the new one on. Is there a bleed off or something to get it off???

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Put a pan under it and loosen the fittings.
    (Use two wrenches.)

Sometimes it is easer to remove it from the ram first then the valve body.
    Only the fluid in the hose will come out.

It's fairly straight forward.

Route the new hose like the old one was and top off the hydraulic fluid run the ram back and forth a few times and top off if necessary.

5. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

OK.. I will try the tops first. I had already try to get the bottom one off and no go and was starting to strip the nuts... But I will try it again... Thanks for the help..

6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

If there really tight like it sounds yours is you may need to get a new elbow fitting too.

lefty looseny righty tighty...lol but you know that

Pipe wrench if all else fails

7. Indy

Indy Senior Member

turn signals don't work on the either plow on that truck. They work fine on my other

Clean or replace your relays on the truck side for light issue