1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss steel power v on dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jdjoe_97, Aug 31, 2002.

1. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

Hey guys, I had this plow on my 98 2500 silverado, and now have to get it put on the new dodge. Was hoping that some of you have done this install and could share your wisdom with me. Biggest fear I have is if I have to drill the frame. That was the only nice thing about the bowtie it just bolted to holes that were already in the frame. Thanks for any pointers in advance. Joe

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

There is no drilling to do on the dodge. I think you will find it's easyer to install a plow frame on the dodge. As long as the frame is made for it and it not comming from the chevy.

3. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I have put 2 of them on my 2001 Dodge Ram. No problems with bolting up to the trucks. just be sure to get the correct wiring harness for your blade when you switch!

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Ive done both GM and the Dodges,the Dodge is by far the easiest to put a plow on,no drilling either.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hey John, welcome back to the forum! :waving:

I love our new Dodge 2500! Man does that truck pull hard! We put a Western V on it.

~Chuck

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Good to be back Chuck,im glad you like your Ram.If you want it to really pull,give me a call.Mine is a dream towing with 450RWHP,and 950 RW ft lbs of torque,hills are flattened without ever having to downshift,except when a struggling car in in your way.I love the western V,I hope your Ram serves you as good as mine has been,its real workhorse.

7. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

Thanks guys for the responses. I hope it goes as easy as you have said. The wiring harness is the same for both trucks. I double checked with my boss distributer. And I do remember when I installed it on my chevy one side of the light plugins say dodge on them. They said actually its a little less wiring due to no daytime running lights on it. I of course just had to buy a different pushbeam and mounts. Cost me about $290.00. By the way anyone need mounts for a 98 Chevy for a Boss III 8'2" V?? I have some that are heading for scrap if I can't sell them. Joe

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Try eBay... You will find a buyer.

Post here in the Classifieds Forum as well.

If you are a SIMA Member, post there in the Classifieds Forum as well.

Chuck