1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss standard Duty 7.6 On Dodge 1500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NDSCAR85, Feb 23, 2009.

1. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

I have a Dodge 2006 1500, quad cab, 5.7 hemi...can this truck hold up and perform good with the given 600 pounds of plow weight..I am looking for any options of plows I am also looking at the fisher sd... I know boss is better but the weight might be a problem?? thanks
  2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

The Boss Standard Duty Plow is 27.5" in Blade Height, and weighs ~ 600#
    The Fisher SD Plow is 26" in Blade Height, and weighs ~ 490#.

Both plows are fine, but for that much plow weight I'd look for a plow with Down Pressure or a lighter plow.

The Sno-Way has Down Pressure and can put 4 times the amount of the plow weight itself on the cutting edge. This eliminated the need for a heavier plow, and therefore less wear and tear on your truck. The 26 Series 7'6" is 26" Blade Height and ~ 450#. The 29 Series 7'6" is 29" Blade Height and ~ 560#. Both Options are less weight and the 29 series is actually more plow in size then the Boss Plow Standard Duty. The Snoway 29 competes with the Boss Super Duty 7'6" in 29" Blade Height that weighs ~ 680#. The Fisher 7'6" HD is 29" Blade Height and weighs ~ 630#.

The second option is a Blizzard 7600LT has a Blade Height of 29" in 7'6" and weighs ~ 465#. This plow is the same size as the other options without the down pressure.

All these plows have there pros and cons. I for one will never go back to a chain driven system again. Second, I'll never go without Down Pressure again.

That said, because the Sno-Way is typically the best plow out there, it is also slightly more then the other plows. For the Value the Blizzards are great, only downside is the low mounting points which affect ground clearance.
  3. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

Very good information... thanks...
  4. bigmac1276

bigmac1276 Member

I have no problems with mine. 2002 1500 reg. cab short bed with boss 7'6" standard. The only thing I did was raise the front end about an inch. The boss is so easy to put on and take off. I love it.
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

If your worried about wieght and want a big plow. Get a blizzard
  6. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

Sounds good...Ya i have been talking to many dealers and they all said its fine just add some weight in the end of the bed and should be alright... thanks