1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss staff....why?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mick76, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Got an email from you guys today... seems like you have a very nice product with the
    BX-12.... I see you have a BX-12R with one pc rubber edge.......WHY?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Some guys like running the rubber edges on stuff as its less wear and tear on the parking lots. If you hit something with one of these plows this big you will wreck something. Its just a little extra insurance.
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

While we had rave reviews on our BX-12 from contractors used to using rubber edge pushers, there are still some contractors/situations that need/want a rubber cutting edge.
  4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Rick, thanks for the clarifaction.... It just seems you guys took a step back as there are alot of companies that make rubber edge pushers ... I would have thought you guys would have the technology to innovate as opposed to copy an exsisting design (besides your slip hitch system)....... I just reread my post and it seems alittle harsh. Its not meant to be.... just being curious.....
  5. DrMaxim

DrMaxim Junior Member
    from ND

The rubber edge is also used to keep the noise down.
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

What I wonder about is.... Why is the Rubber edge BX12 more expensive then the trip edge? Kinda backwards huh?
  7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

haha were in NJ here, we dont care about that!
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Anyone else notice this?

FYI These are the prices Boss sent me: Suggested Retail pricing is $6,189.75 (BX12) & $6,294.75 (BX12R).
  9. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

i have a why for the boss staff. why when you buy a 5000 dollar plus plow they dont include a shirt and a hat or a coat just to show there appreciation for your business
  10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I spent $25k on a truck, didn't get anything ......
  11. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

well everytime i buy a truck i get a couple hats and a couple hoodies coffee cups etc. so i guess your buying from the wrong dealer
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You answered your own question, it's the dealer that gives you the stuff. Did you ask for a hat I'm sure they would have given you one.
  13. big_belly4ever

big_belly4ever Member

I get a hat from my dealer i have gotten three base ball caps and one winter cap. He says he has to buy them from boss so everyone chime in that boss should give us jackets for making them THE BOSS the are today? we can show BOSS we are the real BOSSES lol
  14. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Your dealer should be giving you the merchandise not Boss. Only company I know that includes a hat with its stuff is Buyers.
  15. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i bought a $400,000 combine for my farm and got nothing