1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss spring ??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rickbays, Jan 19, 2009.

1. rickbays

rickbays Member

I broke my 1st plow spring this morning. I only have a meyers spring in the shop. Is there any different? Ive ordered the boss spring. Just need to get by a few days.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

spring's

their pretty close ,you should be OK as long as you have enough adjustment in the eye bolt . :salute:

3. rickbays

rickbays Member

its a wing spring also

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the wing and trip springs are the same. i would order at least 2 springs, i seem to go through about 1 a season.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Any spring will do. Just make sure you have extra bolts and washers and lock nuts.Make sure the bots are a little longer then the original ones so you have extra thread to start the nut. You can still plow without the spring just takes a little longer for it to retract. Mines been broken for a week ripped the bolt hole open and it's to cold to fix now.