1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Spring Trip Shock Abosorber - does it help?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 66 BADBOY, Feb 27, 2008.

1. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

More than likely, I will be going with the Boss Super Duty this fall. I am looking for opinions on the Boss shock absorber from people who have also ran plows without a shock. I know my Meyer really slams back into the frame, shaking the truck pretty badly. Does the Boss shock absorber help with this? It seems like it would, I'm just curious to hear from experiences with it.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

its night and day, my curtis slams back so hard it feels like you broke something, the boss isnt half as bad.

as a matter of fact my curtis slammed back so hard one night it blew one of the plow lights out, and i mean blew, shattered the glass all over, lol
  4. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Ya know, that is what I keep thinking will happen with my Meyer. Rattles my darn fillings outta my teeth!!

i know the feeling lol i cringe everytime mine slams back.
  6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

well it seam's top make a good difference when you run into that heavy wet stuff it don't wake you up when it trip's .
  7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You will notice a difference...

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Allsuper duties come with the shock abosorber. Unless it is just the 7'6'' standard duty, and the 7'6'' sport and the 7' sport duty. The 10 footer comes with 2.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And just to add further to this FYI, so do the XT straights.
  10. We added a 4th spring and a shock to my Std Duty., a few years ago.

When I plow without the yard-guard/plow pipe and the drive is either soft or the
    snow is soft, or the ground is irregular -- my plow slams, I swear and KC jumps
    off her seat and into the back with Jetta.

Frankly, I think the plow industry could come up with a better shock. A gas shock
    or something HD would do much better, I am sure.
    And by next year-- I will have found something or I will keep plowing with a pipe on the
    bottom ( and love it because I never tip unless we hit something unforgiving)

tc. KC and Jetta

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I did not know that.
  12. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

next plow i buy is going to have a shock absorber, my myers triped back so hard one time the marker broke and shot back at me, i thought it was going to go right threw the windshield lol :D