1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Boss, Jan 3, 2005.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Anybody running one of these? I've been talking to my local dealer about them for quite some time and I'm set on buying one for the next season but I'd like to get some feedback on them from anybody using one before I buy one. Thanks.
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I have one.

HIGHLY recommended.
  3. The Boss

How do you like the smart hitch? That's my biggest attraction to it. They demonstrated one for me and it was almost as fast as hooking up a Boss plow.
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

My only beef with the entire thing is the hitch. It's all universal. One hitch fits 6-7 different types of trucks!

They should have made one for:

Then make a universal. For oddball years/trucks.

Though it seems to fit my GMC without any spacers, etc, while other trucks require spacers to mount the reciever.

The controller is real nice. Pulse start.

The motor is a horizontal shaft mated to a 90 degree gearbox (both sealed HD units) then the entire motor/gearcase housing is sealed in a box with a gasket.

I think they could have went a little heavier/better with the power wiring and connectors.

But overall.....WELL worth the money. Especially if YOU PERSONALLY are going to be installing/removing salter by YOURSELF.
  5. The Boss

Prices must have gone up. Last fall they told me around $1500.00. Yesterday, they told me $1900.00 plus $180.00 for installation. :dizzy: I think I'll find a used spreader.

TLS, check your pm's.