1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by deicepro, Nov 23, 2011.

1. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Last summer I got a Boss tailgate spreader for free from a guy that was down sizing. His guys forgot to remove the mount and wiring when he traded trucks, so he thought the spreader was worthless!!!
    So I got the spreader for free and wanted to post the wireless controller set-up that I decided to go with ($279), way cheaper than a Boss controller and harness ($600+)
    I will post pictures in a few days.....

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

want to give it away for free??? :mechanic:

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a pic of the spreader and the wireless controller that I found....

011.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

4. bcomstock15

bcomstock15 Junior Member

Is it difficult to hook up that wireless controller? the buyers isn't meant to be wireless, so i'm wondering if i can just apply a wireless controller like that to any tailgate spreader i buy..

I'm looking for something about that size, thats wireless but i can't find anything that sells new like that. reason being is that i want it to work easily on multiple trucks..

5. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

Wireless Controller

What brand was the wireless controller that you used?