1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Spreader Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by phishoook, Dec 10, 2007.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

Picked up a Boss tailgate spreader today, TGS 600.

The only thing I didn't get hooked up is the red and black wire with the 10 amp fuse. The dirrection says to hook it up to a keyed + 12v wire.
    Any idea where I could take it to on a 2005 Chevy 2500?

Now I know I said that was the only thin I had left to hook up. (should have been) But with every piece of equipment I bought this year there has been a kick in the azz.
    The last thing I went to do was put the spinner protector on. I noticed the bolts were loose and the disc was real loose. So I took the cover off .......

No freakin' motor!
    ... and now that I'm reading about them, Shouldn't there be a 'Top Screen with Bag Opener' included with this unit?

Anyway if someone could lead me to hooking this one wire up, it be appriciated.:help:
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Looks like a spreader that had some parts robbed from it - that sucks.

For the hot when ign on, check your owners manul for fuse locations - usually radio, air bags that type of thing are keyed on - check em with a volt meter.

The top screen on the 1100 is optional, who knows on that one but with a missing motor, heck did they give you a hopper???
  3. phishoook

phishoook Member

who knows, I'm just glad it didn't ice up today like it was suppose to. A motor should be here in the morning for me.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Connect the wire to the fuse in the side dash fuse panel marked "SEO ACCY". It'll be near the top and be a 10 amp fuse.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007