1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss spreader reviews

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 29, 2009.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Looking to get my first nice spreader. I have the buyers suv right now and looking to upgrade. Can get the smaller boss spreader new for 1200.00 trying to see how everyone likes them. likes dislikes? thanks
  2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

We have a boss spreader on our Gmc and its alright. Works Fine, but does not seem to throw the salt as far as a snow-ex tailgate spreader we have on our other truck. Other than that we havent had any major issues with the spreader. Good luck this season;l
  3. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Boss TGS1100

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and really like it. No trouble so far. I do agree I wish it throw the salt farther but I can live with that. Maybe I just need to adjust the feed gate to get the right flow to sling it farther. Right now its wide open. I love the bag splitter on top, haven't used my knife once since I got this. I looked at the Snow Ex, Salt Dogg, and Boss. I paid $1678.00 installed and more than likely will buy another one. The speed control sometimes when I first turn it on runs the motor full blast even if the speed dial is set to zero, just something I watch for. I turn the dial up high then back down quickly and it kills the spinner, then it runs fine. The blast feature I like as when I run through gas pumps and high traffic areas I just thumb the switch and it goes 100% then let it go and its off. On a couple of occasions the auger and spinner will not turn after loading up but i manually give the spinner/auger a turn by hand and it does fine. This is because the auger is jammed up with salt. Only happened a couple of times and its really no big deal to me. The 11 cu ft hopper I love, I am so glad I did not buy a 6cu ft one. Mounting and un-mounting is brain dead easy.

Over all I am 95% pleased and will buy another one if I decide I need another tailgate salt only spreader. Planning on a sand spreader next. I wonder if I just added a vibrator to it if it would flow sand ok?....hummmm