1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss spreader hitting tailgate

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Elwer Lawn Care, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

We have a Boss TGS1100 spreader on the back of a 2009 f250, just noticed today that the passenger side support arm has hit the tailgate. Some how it moves while in use, it has the RT3 hookup and has only been used 4 events. Anyway of fixing it so that it doesn't move? The driver side arm seems fine and sits back further on the bumper.

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Any photos of what's going on?

3. Elwer Lawn Care

Cant see the small dents in the pictures but u can tell the top of the bolt put a dent in it along with the actual metal part of the arm right about the rubber supports.

ek truck..jpg

ek truck.jpg

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Do you need the tailgate on? Maybe you could use a piece of wood or one of those net gates. I hated that design the second I saw it.

5. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I can't tell from the pic,is the receiver in the first or second hole? the one at work is in the first hole and it also sits close to the tailgate.I would move it out to the second hole
    dan

6. Elwer Lawn Care

Never knew there were 2 holes (was just installed a few weeks back). Will check into that.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Those damits still have to be on the bumper though right? So moving the hole won't matter.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put a piece of mud flap there.