1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Sport Duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jandjcarpentry, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

Anyone have trouble with The Boss Sport Duty blade buckling when caught up on ice or heavy snow. I plow very slow. Should I instead try to fly through it? Also, anyone put a back drag blade on this plow?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What do you mean buckling? tripping down and riding over the top of the snow? It could be your trip springs are to loose. Go check them and if you can slide a piece of paper between the coils without it tearing and without it being really loose that is how tight you want them. Another thought too is those plows are real light and any hard pack, or drifts will have that plowing tripping down.

3. jandjcarpentry

from MA

Yes, its tripping down. It only happens when I plow someones drive that hasent been scapped to the ground. My plow does a great job at scrapping to the pavement. Not sure if the drives were plowed with a rubber blade.Maybe it is because its a light duty plow. Does your plow ever trip down? Thanks for the info.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My plow does trip down. I The plow will not go thru hard pack. If its been driven on forget it. I would say 50% of it is because the plow is a sport duty and its lighter. The other 50% is because its been driven on and is packed down and now a block of ice. If you throw some salt on it that will help.

5. jandjcarpentry

from MA

Thanks again

6. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

I have a sport duty and it tripped an awful lot when i was first using it. You need to tighten the springs and it will not happen as often. it will still happen, but not as much. Thats what the plow is supposed to do when it hits something heavy as far as i know

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Not sure if you can add a shock absorber or another spring. When I added the shock to my 7.5 STD the directions said to take the 3rd spring off. I left it on and am quite happy with its operation although the shock seems to be allowing some slammin.