1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Sport Duty,Right Choice,Questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by QKSnowRemoval, Aug 24, 2008.

1. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

Hello,

So i have done my research on plows for my 98 dodge ram 1500 w/5.9L, and i think that i have decide on the boss because of how the sport duty 7' 6" poly has lots of ribs and bracing and all the features the boss comes with.i just have some questions regarding the set up. Is this plow worth the money for the features, and is it durable? i e smartlight2, smarttouch2, and smarthitch2 for 3,650 and 4,337 installed. 450 for labor 237 tax. or should i go with the rt3 set up for less money? also Are u able to stack snow with this sport duty like other commercial plows. one last thing, when reading on this site, i have come the the conclusion that i should put a timber suspension kit on to help with sag and weight since i have a 1500. is this correct, thankx

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

it's a neat light weight fast operating plow ,but i would go with the rt 3 superduty or standard duty plow cheaper and more bang for the cheaper buck !

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have never owned a 7.5 Boss but I have one of their V plows and I'm quite happy with it. It's never let me down and I would imagine the plow you'd be getting will be a quality product as well.

As far as Timbrens are concerned, I can't imagine anyone saying that they wouldn't benefit you. I never used them up until last season because I always had a 3/4 ton or bigger truck to plow with but after hearing about them on this site I gave them a shot and I'm happy I did. An excellent investment for under $200.

4. QKSnowRemoval

well all i have to say about your suggestion of plow is that i cant relay run that cuz of my axles dana 44, and the sport duty is lighter but the rt3 set up is still good and fast to attach the plow?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is worth the money and yes they are very durable for a "sport" (ie. homeowners style) designated plow.

But, if your intentions are for commercial use and your truck specs will allow it I'd recommend purchasing a super duty series plow rather than a sport. It'll pay off in the long run if you grow in the future.

6. QKSnowRemoval

well, thats the thing, when i do a match all i can run is a sport or mid weight plow, i would have to get a 2500 ram, but its a good starter plow and can handle some commercial stuff?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you don't treat it like a bulldozer, absolutely.

Like I mentioned, the sports are very rugged for their classification.

8. QKSnowRemoval

ok well thats good to hear, and are wroth the money, but can i stack snow with it not tripping or not?