1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Sport-Duty Poly users, I need your input

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Shawn S, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Shawn S

Shawn S Junior Member

I am looking at plows for my half-ton. The closest dealer sells Boss and Western. They are recommending the Western HTS or Boss Sport Poly.
    I am looking for real-life testimonials on the Boss Sport-Duty Poly. What has your experience been? I have done a search but can't find much for input.
    Give me your two cents, why do you like or dislike the Sport Poly? Would you buy it again?

2. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I bought a used one few years back. Put it on my 04 canyon. Did a great job, held up well.

Went with a bigger boss, but I would buy another if the need presented itself.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If it says Boss on it....it is tough, will do the job and hold up great,period.

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Preach on Brother!

5. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

x2 I love my Boss, Ease of attachment a detachment. I have hit some hidden stuff accidentally and it doesn't even phase my plow. These Sport Duties are great!

6. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

Boss Sport Duty is one of my most popular plows that i sell and I also sell the HTS. The Sport Duty is a proven plow thats been out for a while and like Jim said its tough and will hold up. I have a 7'0 on my jeep and it's great. No knock on the HTS but I like the hydraulics on the sport better. If you care about looks, you see more mount when the plow if off the truck on the Boss then the Western, but if that's not an issue for you then you definitely cant go wrong with the Boss.

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Only knock I have to give the Boss mounting system is that when you drop it, that ground better be extremely level or headaches abound. The side to side float regardless of plow position is the only thing Western has on us.