1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Sport Duty Poly 7ft

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jonathanhl, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jonathanhl

jonathanhl Junior Member
    from RI

Does anyone know how much a 7ft Boss sport duty poly would cost, I can not find a price on the web?

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

We sell them here in the KC area for $3898 installed. 6 hours @ $75 for installation. Includes SmartTouch2 hand held controller. Highly recommend adding the SmartHitch2 hook up for $178 (includes 1/2 hour of labor to install).

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

About $3300 + tax around here. Cash & carry. Hand held controller..no Smart Hitch 2.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can get a SW with DP, Lexan, wireless remote installed for around the same price, Plus their version of the "smart hitch2" is standard.

5. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Mine was cash & carry $3250.00 for boss. SW was $4150.00 cash & carry:dizzy:

6. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Sno-Way doesnt have a version of the "SmartHitch2". Actually, I dont know of any manufacturer besides Boss that has a "power" hookup.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To make it even easier: Snoway Meyer and Blizzard do...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  9. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hello all new to group.

Kevin I was wondering if that price is still the same for the sport duty plow.
    I have a 04 F-150 supercrew. Would the 7 1/2 foot plow work ok on this vehicle? $
    I live in southern ia.
    thanks!

Mark

10. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Don't even ask that question fyerfyr! Basher will either tell you to look at the thread called "Trying to put a plow on a ford expedition" or something like that, or he will give you a reply that takes up a page in itself. Just for-warning you.

JMO!!!!

11. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Ok thanks for the heads up.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I wouldn't run a 7' plow on that truck, you need a 7'6" because of the wheelbase. What one depends depends on the plow and the truck. the F-150 has one of the strongest front ends available.
    click on the make plow you're considering on the top of the page they all have selection guides that will give you all the available options. check your front FAWR available inside the the drivers side cab door before you start. The F-150 had 3 different axles available, the heavier the FAWR the larger the plow you can install. I would recommend a 7'6" blade if you have the crew cab.

Here's the link to a couple selection guides

http://service.bossplow.com/PlowSelection.aspx

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/ematch.asp

http://www.westernplows.com/quickmatch.asp

http://www.snoway.com/

Hope it's not more information then you wanted:rolleyes:

13. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Whew- that wasn't so bad :) Thanks Basher!
    And yes I am planning on the 7.6 -
    Just doing my own drive and possibly our road once in awhile.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 7.6 Boss sport duty would be an excellent choice for your intended purposes Mark. Truck will carry it just fine.

15. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Great - thanks! I'm looking forward to using one this year.

16. NorwayAuto&Plow

AND WE MEET THE OTHER HALF OF BASHER!!!!!! What happen to NOT putting a 7 1/2 plow on a half ton?

FYI.... the for F150 is a HALF TON!!!!! Here is what basher said to me the other night....

"If you have customers wanting to buy RDs (7 1/2 full size plow) to self install they can do it, but as a professional you're held to a higher standard. Don't leave a paper trail of a unlawful transaction, like a 1/2 ton mount on a receipt with a 7.5RD. The Judge will shake his head and ask if you think he's an idiot. Never pays to annoy the judge

Believe me if someone is hurt badly in an accident involving a truck with a snowplow they'll sue all the pockets they can find. They'll go after you, Fisher, the truck dealer, the truck owner, the truck driver and whoever services the vehicle. You have given Fisher the perfect reason to request dismissal, you also probably have exempted the truck manufacturer by exceeding their specified weight limits. Also both these parties have the right to file supplication suits against you to recover legal fees resulting from the litigation.

Not JMO this is fact."

Are you installing your plow yourself or having it profesionally done?

Basher does not think that 7 1/2 full size plows can go on half ton trucks but he just said that you should. IDK... Do what you want. Just trying to figure out who BASHER really is.

17. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

I will have it professionally installed. Like I said It will only be used for my personal plowing
    so I think I will be o.k.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No;:nono: Basher said 7'6" Fishers RDs shouldn't go on 1/2 tons. 7'6" Boss Sport duty, Snoway 26 series, Western suburbanite, Fisher Homesteaders all are acceptable on a 1500.

As long as you adhere to the manufacturers application guides you will be fine. Since you are considering the Boss SD there will be no problem with installing one on your truck. Unfortunately NorwayAuto&Plow cann't seem to grasp the intricacy of a fit guide and has taken my attempt to explain it as a personal attack and decide to flame me every chance he gets. Sorry you are being affected by it.:waving:

19. NorwayAuto&Plow

Make me look bad.... Thanks! You should have just stayed out of it and worry about your own problems. Why buy a plow that can't push the snow that falls during some of our storms. MNS to me. We ask people if they are going to plow proffesionally with their plow and most say no so we don't care that we put a 7 1/2 HD on a 1/2 ton truck.

Our customers ask us to put the 7 1/2 HD plows on so we comply with their order. Plastics are for small trucks, SUVs, golf carts and wheelers.... and if you have a rc car, slap a plastic on it too, it'll push the snow load of a noreaster or lake effect from the great lakes.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No problem it was easy.