1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss sport duty....adding a trip spring for use on commercial

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by zach5187, Jun 28, 2011.

1. zach5187

zach5187 Junior Member

I came across a good deal on a 7' 6" boss sport duty plow. I know that this is for light use only. I am new to the business and just started my lawn and landscape business this year. I have a 2006 Ford 3/4 ext cab short bed 5.4 auto. I will be doing commercial and residential lots. Question is i know that this only has 2 trip springs. would it be a bad idea to just add a 3rd trip spring or maybe a total of 4 just so it does not trip as easily? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance zach

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Adding springs to a plow is not going to make it heavier duty and a sport duty plow on a 3/4 ton truck is a mistake. Have you looked for mounts for that plow and truck combo? If you were doing your own drive you could maybe keep the unit together but using it commercially the weight of the truck will overcome the strength of the plow and the more springs you add to limit is ability to relieve some of that pressure the sooner it will be ready for the scrapyard.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There isn't a Sport Duty series mount for a 3/4 ton Ford anyway. That should be a clear indicator that it's a poor decision, which of course it is. :salute:

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Heavy duty plows are over rated. That 7.5' Sport Duty will be great on that 3/4 ton. :rolleyes:

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There's little difference installing to little then too much. The difference is the OP would destroy a plow, the guy who installs too much plow destroys a truck.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I was being sarcastic. That'ts why I put the :rolleyes: face.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Oh I missed that:rolleyes:

8. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I agree and I am just here for the show:popcorn:::eek: WTG BASH