1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Sport Duty 7.6

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NDSCAR85, Mar 2, 2009.

1. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

I am thinking of buying on of these for my truck...any one have one,, or have anthing to say about this plow.. thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

For the money, I would spend a few bucks more and get the standard or super duty 7'6''. Just my $00.02.

3. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

ya very true..the plow is goin on a 2006 dodge ram 1500.. not to sure about the truck holding the weight.. boss exmatch says no cause of the weight, but if its a 4.7 liter or a reg cab it will go on.. they are calcualting the quad cab with weight=guys... no one plows with more than a partner in the truck... i don't many dealers say no cause of weight and liability other says hell yes it will go on fine blah blah.. I am stuck... looking for people advice... thanks

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The truck can handel a super duty 7'6'' boss no problem, I am not sure what kind of plowing you will be doing, but sooner or later the sport duty will be to small for you. Its basically ment for a homeowner to use on there driveway.

5. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

I just want to put a standard duty 7.6 and 300# ballast in back..think i will be alright...also the truck is a quad cab so weight rating right be an issue.. not sure

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

You'll be fine as far as weight. I'd get the standard duty steel blade.

7. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a standard duty on my 04 chevy crew cab 1500 ,the plow is nice but it does fold pretty easily other then that i dont have any complaints

8. NDSCAR85

NDSCAR85 Junior Member
    from NEWYORK

you plow residential with it ???

9. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

I'm running a Boss 7'6"V on my '04 1500 CC Chev Z71. Boss website doesn't show it can handle it, but when I enter the info for the truck, it comes up saying the GVWR is only 6400lbs, while the sticker in the door says it's rated @ 7000lbs. It won't let me enter that it's got the Z71 package.

The V version weighs 100lbs more (700+ mount) than the 7"6" standard duty, and I balance it with an equal 700lbs of ballast behind the back wheels -and use timbrens up front. The Super Duty 7'6" is only 20 lbs less than my V. No issues so far, but I don't plan on starting to beat the snot out of the setup either. And yeah, it's used for residential only - at this point.

10. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

ya i only plow mine and family members drive ways

11. punt66

punt66 Junior Member
    from CT

I have an 07 1500 quad cab with a 7'6" regular duty. Truck plows great! No worries. My boss dealer wouldnt even sell me a sport duty. He said i would hate it. He also put a back drag blade on it. I highly recomend the back drag blade! Pulls snow out from the garages almost as good as it pushes.