1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Snowplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JIM6565, Dec 6, 2004.

1. JIM6565

JIM6565 Junior Member

I Just Bought A 7.5 Boss Straight Blade And I Am Hear That I Made A Big Mistake Is This True?? Had A Western

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Whoever told you that must have his ways set on a different brand. You WON'T be dissapointed. :waving:

3. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I plowed with Westerns for 12 years. I finally bought a Boss V and I think I will never get another Western. Boss has really improved their plows, I'm very happy with my Boss and i'm sure you will be too.

4. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Don't worry! BOSS is a very good plow!!!
    And you might even get better service from the Boss dealer than Western.

At least in my area, the BOSS dealers know how to treat the comm snow guys right. It's perhaps the reason why Boss plows are on more trucks in Montana than anything else.

Out West, Western & Fisher dealers need to take a lesson from Boss Dealers on how to treat customers. Maybe then they'd sell more plows.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOSS!!!!!!

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Other than it being a bit narrow of a plow, and it only being a straight blade, you have an excellent plow manufacturer's product.

6. Dnipro Max

Dnipro Max Member

you should be happy, i got 8' strait poly and like so far see how its performs in winter, but from all dealer i been to boss is best of all that i like,

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

well there ads are stupid staying there's nothing yellow about this blade which i thought was stupid

8. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I bought my first plow and it was too a 7'6" straight from boss. I've got to use it three times so far and it has worked very well. They are not cheap, but either are all of the other brands. I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck. :D

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That has alot to do with this topic, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
    Are you ever going to learn how to use grammar and spell check? :rolleyes:

10. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

You won't be dissapointed with your Boss. They make quality products. :waving:

11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Their advertisement states:

TRIP-EDGE PLOWS
    THIS PLOW AIN'T YELLOW.

This simply means that BOSS now offers what Fisher and Diamond guys have been used to.....A TRIP EDGE.

What's so stupid about that?

It's actually VERY well built, and if your in NE, for some reason those guys GOTTA HAVE a TRIP EDGE. Now they have a choice.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yes and they also claim to have invented it too. I guess Fisher has a good idea after all huh that they copy with changes for patent reasons. Western Vee plow have them, a few Diamonds do and a few Curtis models do too now.

13. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I owned a Boss 8ft super duty that seen a lot of use and abuse for 7 seasons. Hever had a break down of any kind with it. Even hit a fire hydrant and bent the frame on my truck but didnt do a thing to the Boss plow. Easy to mount, fast hydraulics, and durable. What more could you want from a straight blade?

14. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

My yellow plows are slowly turning red we use power v's 8.2 to 10', t11,rt111's best plows I ever owned,my rt11's are 10 yrs old and I still run them on my 2004's.....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004