1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Snow Deflector Kit

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by EricD701, Dec 25, 2007.

1. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I have a V plow, when doing parking lots i get a lot of spray onto my windshield.

Does any one use the deflector kit and do they work well?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The primary purpose of a deflector is to prevent the exact problem you're experiencing.

So to answer your question, yes they work really really well.
  3. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

I like mine. You will still get some if the snow is really light and you are pushing into the wind but, they are worth it.
  4. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Well worth the money!

I moved from wet snow in AK to dry powder in central northern WA and found last winter that my 9'2" V with not deflector was worthless at times above 3-5 mph due to all the snow coming up over the hood and plastering the windshield. Now with the kit installed plowing powder is no longer an issue.

Twisp, WA

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

2 words. BUY ONE!. You will like it. They don't stop it completely but they stop pry 75% of it.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Still not sure why their not standard equipment on most plows...

I look at it as a safety issue as well as a convenience..