1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss smarthitch2 not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by spleslie, Oct 8, 2013.

1. spleslie

spleslie Junior Member

this is my first boss plow it is a 8'-2" v-blade and the switch for the smart hitch is not working it will not do anything no noise no movement nothing.
    There is no power any where on the switch I do not know if there is normally power on any of this wires or not switch tests good diode tests good. I seem to keep finding differant wire diagrams and I do not no which on is for my plow. I bought the plow used at the end of last season of a old guy he said it was 4-5 years old all the other fuctions work just no hitch.

any help would be great

before i have to go buy another fisher:):)

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Need to make sure your controllers is in float position and that will give you the power to the switch for the smart hitch to work

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. spleslie

spleslie Junior Member

thanks for the help wire broken off

thanks again:)