1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss - smart hitch pins

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bandit11, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bandit11

bandit11 Junior Member

I have a Boss 8' staight blde . When plow was new , now 3yrs old when I release the the levers to hook up to the truck they automaticly release the pins, normally they don't release untill its raised up. Is ther some sort of adjustment. Right know I have to hold the handle and when i hit the switch to raise then as it goes up i release the handle and locks then go over to othe side and release. There must be some kind of adjustment. Any clue, Thanks.Bill
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your torsion springs are bent down, thats why they aren't holding the pins retracted into the "ready to connect" position. Either just bend them back up in place, or replace them both they're not expensive.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

there should be small slots in one of the bolt hole's that retain the smart hitch mouse trap springs to allow adjustment of the springs to where they are about 1/2 way in the hole ,to keep the pins out when you release the pins for hook up . unless it's a old one .
  4. bandit11

bandit11 Junior Member

thanks alot for the info B & B and Wild Bill . I'll take a look and see what will work. This site is great !!! thanks again !!!