1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Smart Hitch 1100 Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mikeymart13, Oct 31, 2010.

1. mikeymart13

mikeymart13 Junior Member
    from CT

2 year old Boss Smart Hitch 1100 Tailgate Spreader used only a few times. Have Installation and Owner's Manual. Complete with receiver hook, wiring harness, and controller and is ready to be installed. Stored indoors, looks and works brand new........$1500/obo

Mike 203-285-5296

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

im interested and right in NJ. Have any pics? Im not sure how the mount works on these but i have a 04 dodge ram 3500...would i have any issues?

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

This is a great spreader guys.. The hitch is universal and should bolt right up..

4. mikeymart13

from CT

Ill def get some pics on here tomorrow... And as far as M&M said the hitch is pretty much universal and simple to use. I only have one commercial account and do not need the spreader any longer....it was great but just do not have the need for it. If you have questions you can always give me a call as well.....203-285-5296 (business line)......I don't always have it with me, so if I do not answer, you can leave a message and Ill get back to you! ---Mike

5. mikeymart13

from CT

6. mikeymart13

from CT

Manuel Pic

Here is the manual...... IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

How does it mount? I have a 04 Dodge ram 3500 (w hitch obviously) . What would I need to make this mount work with my truck. I weld so I could Fab up something if need be.

If all is well and if it will work without spending another 500 on a mount, would you take a depsoit via PayPal with balance cash upon pickup? I would pick it up next weekend or the following, coming from northern NJ. Let me know

8. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Oh and does this one have the factory vibrator?

9. mikeymart13

from CT

The mount is a separate hitch that slides into your receiver. The spreader then clamps to that so no need to fab anything. It does not have the factory agitator just the spinner, it works well without it. Deposit is fine...my wife has a paypal account so that would work out. We are in the New Haven area. Like I said if you have any questions you can give me a call.

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  11. mikeymart13

from CT

We can discuss another offer but by telephone....as I do not want to do this over a message board. I would PM you but I do not have that option. You can give me a call tomorrow or send me your email address...........With regards to this spreader it is your time and $ so you have to do what is in your best interest.
    Thanks,
    Mike

12. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

email

Mike, my email is cms stoneworks AT hotmail DOT com. obviously without the spaces and spelling of @ and ".". Shoot me an email and we'll talk about price. the drive is short im not worried about that. Just shoot me what you need to get for it dollar wise and i'll see what i can do. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Chris

Or if its easier for you, call me tomorrow any time @ nine seven three-seven six eight-one five two seven. thanks!

13. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

oh! Forgot to ask, does it have that bag splitter??? And can you shoot a pic of the controller, and one pic inside the hopper?

14. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

i would give u 750 shipped if you can do that just let me know

15. mikeymart13

from CT

It does have the bag splitter.....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  16. mikeymart13

from CT

17. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

mike....got your voicemail and will call you back tomorrow. if the price is right i'll pick it up this weekend. was the mount lift moter ever changed? seems to be a weak point on these things in my research

18. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Mike sorry didn't get around to calling you today I will call you in the morning. Like I said if we can agree on a price ill pick it up cash this saturday or Sunday

19. mikeymart13

from CT

Hey chris, I'm assuming u are no longer interested bc I never heard from you..... just let me know! Thanks, Mike.

20. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

hey mike....called both ur numbers and left messages. give me a call back tonight or tomorrow and i'll come pick it up if we can agree on a price. thanks.