1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss slamming back

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JKuch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

Do all the boss v plows slam back when you put them in v? Is there a way to stop that?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

sounds like your springs are to tight. You should be able to slip a piece of paper between the coils without it being loose and falling out. Thats what I have always been told.

3. zjm

zjm Senior Member

I agree, springs to tight act like a stretched rubber band,their also more prone to break if to tight in extremely low temps.Mine retract nice and smooth. I just need to adjust my drop speed, plow falls really hard.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If I am not mistaken that can be done but adjusting the hex srew on the back of the pump housing. I am pretty sure if you turn it in it will drop slower and out it will drop faster. It will say for sure in your manual.

5. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Thanks,Thumbs Up
    Yes counter clockwise (out) increase drop speed
    Clockwise (in) to slow down drop speed